How well do you know the Christmas story? See how you fare in this exciting nativity quiz. Answers in the Bible (and posted soon here);
1. In what year was Jesus born?
a) 4 BCE (when Herod the Great was king) b) the year 0 c) 6CE (when Quirinius was governor of Syria)
2. When was Jesus born?
a) December 25th? b) April 1st c) in the summer
3. Who was Jesus’ father?
a) God himself b) Joseph, so that Jesus was descended from King David c) one of Mary’s one night-stands
4. How often did the Romans make people return to their ancestral home to be counted?
a) never b) it was one-off c) only when the gospel writer needed to get them to Bethlehem
5. How did Mary get to Bethlehem?
a) on foot b) on a donkey c) by being a character in a contrived story
6. Where was Jesus born?
a) in a stable b) in a cave c) at home in Nazareth
7. According to Matthew’s gospel, how many wise-men visited the new-born babe?
a) none b) three c) they weren’t wise-men, they were astrologers
8. What did the angels say to the wise-men when they told them of Jesus’ birth?
a) you will find him in a manger b) nothing c) follow that star
9. Where did the magic star shine?
a) over the stable where Jesus lay b) over his house c) since when do stars shine over specific objects here on Earth?
10. When did the wise-men visit the infant Jesus?
a) when he was a toddler b) while he was still in the manger c) after the Christmas rush
11. When did Herod massacre all the little boys, hoping to kill the baby Jesus?
a) later that same week b) a few years after the birth c) there is no record of him having done any such thing
12. How many shepherds visited the baby Jesus?
a) all of them b) two old men and a young boy c) none
13. What gifts did the shepherds bring?
a) a lamb b) a lamb kebab c) a pair of hand-knitted socks
14. Which animals were present at the birth?
a) a horse (c’mon, it was supposed to be in a stable) b) an ox and ass c) an ox, an ass, the wise-men’s camels and the shepherds’ sheep
15. After the birth, where did Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus go?
a) to Egypt b) home to Nazareth c) nowhere
16. Where will you find the Christmas story in the Bible?
a) in Genesis (because the answers are always in Genesis) b) in all four gospels c) in only two of the gospels, which have conflicting accounts
Good luck. Answers here soon.